My life is but a weaving between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride
forget He sees the upper but I the under side.
Not till the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly,
shall God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needed in the Weaver's skillful hand,
as threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.
By: Corrie ten Boom
Often times in our life it may seem like everything is all messed up. Nothing is going according to our plans. Yet God sees the bigger picture. He has a beautiful plan for our lives. Have you ever seen the back of a cross-stitched item? It looks like a mess of tangled threads of all sorts of colors all out of place. Yet, flip the fabric over and you will see some beautiful handiwork. Often times our lives are like that here on earth. Nothing seems to make sense. Everything seems wrong. Yet God is working everything out. He sees the end result. So do be become discouraged when everything seems to be wrong or confused in your life. Rely upon your Savior! Submit to His plan! He has the best for you in store! (in the heavenly sense). This poem has been a great encouragement to me lately. I was reminded of it after someone shared it at church today.
I put this text to music here. I just wanted to share this will all of you!
May the Lord bless you this day!
Thanks for sharing this! This is great for me right now!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem, Marie.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing it!
I hope you all have a merry Christmas!
Blessings,
Becca