April 20, 2015

Joni and Friends Internship


Dear Friends,

Thank you so much for your prayers, encouragement and support these past three years as I have volunteered at Joni and Friends Minnesota Family Retreat.

This year I will have the blessing of interning for 2 months at the Minnesota JAF office. This past year the Lord has opened up many opportunities for me to serve families affected by disability. During this internship I hope to gain experience in running a local Joni and Friends office and the planning of a family retreat. I am praying the Lord would open doors an Iowa JAF family retreat and local office to serve families affected by disabilities in our state and to share the love of Christ with them.

These past few years, I learned so much about the struggles and challenges families face in meeting the needs of their children with disabilities. It is extremely rewarding to be able to encourage children with disabilities to learn to rejoice in the way God made them. It is amazing to see how God works in the lives of each family as they experience the love of Christ through ministries like Joni and Friends. It is an honor to demonstrate to whole families that they are loved by God and that God cares for them and that He is their Sustainer, Encourager, Comforter and Provider.

I will be serving at the JAF MN office during May and June. I will be staying with a host family in Minneapolis for a majority of the internship. Then I will return to MN August 12-17th to serve at family retreat for my 4th year. The Lord has provided and answered so many prayers regarding the internship and this year’s camp! God is so faithful!

Please remember to pray that the Lord would continue to work mightily and through this ministry to further His Kingdom. Pray that there would be many changed hearts drawn nearer to Christ. And pray that families would be able to see the light of Christ as we endeavor to be the hands and feet of Jesus to a world in need. Please let me know if you would like to be included on an email prayer list. If you or someone you know would also like to volunteer for the week of Aug 12-17 for the family retreat, please contact me and I would love to tell you more about this life changing experience.  

Thanks for your prayers. Blessings in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Love in Christ,
Marie


At that time Jesus said, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was Your good pleasure.” 
(Matthew 11:25-26)

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” 
(Matthew 19:14)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -














1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you get to have this experience, Marie, and am excited to hear how it unfolds! Many blessings as you begin this new adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: