September 15, 2012

Bright Lights Conference


 A few weeks ago I returned from volunteering at the Bright Lights conferences in Cedar Rapids, IA.  I was so blessed to be able to volunteer with my friends, Annie, Lily, Elizabeth, and Monica.  I wanted to share with you some photos from the week. (All photos, unless otherwise stated were taken by Annie or Elizabeth).

The first few days we helped with the Strong in the Lord conference for girls ages 6-15.  I leading with Grace Mally and Abby.  Our team was the Night Lights ages 10-13.  (sorry, no picture yet)
The "Brownie" skit       See if you can guess who is under the "horses".  :)



Visiting the Mally's Bookstore

Sapphires group

 On Thursday, Grace took several of us out witnessing at a local park.  Monica and I went as partners and were able to hand out some tracts and share the Good News with several people at the park.  Later that day, all the leaders spent the evening having a cook out at another local park.





On Friday and Saturday, we concluded our time at the conference by helping with the Radiant Purity conference for girls aged 12 and up.  I had the Sapphires team with Bekah May for girls ages 15-16.  It was fun to have my sister Kaylee on my team for this conference!

Thank you all for praying for me as I helped out at these conferences.  God answered so many prayers in such amazing ways!  I am so grateful for all that the Lord has taught me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, that week was such an amazing, encouraging opportunity and I'm so thankful for it! =) It was nice to read your thoughts! =) What a wonderful week of the summer...I definitely agree with the last part about how encouraging it was to see how the Lord answered so many prayers. He is so faithful!! Blessings!

    With Joy in Christ,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've never commented here! Wow, I am sorry, I thought I had. Well... here goes. =) The BL conferences were amazing, and it was so encouraging to meet the rest of the staff! Thanks for encouraging me to do it! =)

    Blessings,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: