The book of Psalms is one of my absolute favorite books!! I love writing music to fit with the Psalms! God's Words are truly my delight! Reading them hours upon hours is a joy and privilege "Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 When we delight ourselves in God, our desires will be to honor and please Him. Our delight will be wholehearted devotion to Him! As David says in Psalm 63:1, "O God, You are my God, earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Do we long for being in the presence of the LORD as much as we desire food and water? Is our whole desire of our being wrapped up in just resting in the presence of the LORD and delighting in His Word? Do we truly love the LORD for who He is and are content to serve Him and rest in His presence, or do we just want the blessings He gives His children?
Since there are so many wonderful Psalms I will just give you a list of some of my favorites. (Psalms 1-150 are my favorites just kidding, I will give you a less exhaustive list. :) But I actually love all 150 Psalms!)
Psalms: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 33, 34, 37, 45, 55, 63, 71, 73, 77, 78, 84, 91, 103, 104, 105, 119, 127, 128, 131, 137, 139, 143, 145, 147, 150,
I know, it was hard to pare it down to these "few" Psalms.
What are some of your favorite Psalms?
Here are just a "few" of some of my favorite verses in the Psalms.
"You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand." Psalm 16:11
"And I - in righteousness I will see Your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing Your likeness." Psalm 17:15
"The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes." Psalm 19:8
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14
"He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD." Psalm 40:3
"By day the LORD directs His love, at night His song is with me - a prayer to the God of my life." Psalm 41:8
"Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in Your law." Psalm 119:18
"Long ago I learned from Your statutes that You established them to last forever." Psalm 119:152
"I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14
"I remember the days of long ago; I meditate on all Your works and consider what Your hands have done." Psalm 143:5
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here: