September 23, 2013

WordSower Scripture Tellers School

This last July I had the wonderful opportunity to attend WordSower's Scripture Tellers School.
I loved learning some of the art of presenting a memorized piece of Scripture so that the meaning comes alive!
I was the only student this year. It is the first time the school and Scriptorium Scripture Recital was held in Iowa! Hopefully this will be an annual event in Iowa.
In my 2-3 week classes I memorized the book of Ruth, worked on presenting the first 6 chapters of 2 Corinthians (I had previously memorized 2/3 of the book in preparation for WordSowers) and learned many interesting facts about church history and the history of the Bible.
During my time at WordSowers I had the wonderful opportunity to share 2 Corinthians 1-6 and then the beginning of September I returned to share the book of Ruth.
It is an encouragement to me to have a goal for memorizing Scripture. Also, working with others provides accountability and encouragement in God's Word.
I would love to encourage each of you to study and memorize God's Word so that you will always be ready to give an answer! God's Word is living and active; it is a delight to know Christ through His Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here: