August 29, 2014

Joni and Friends Family Retreat 2014 ~ Part 1

This past week I saw God work in such amazing ways!! I just returned home from my 3rd year of serving at the Joni and Friends Family Retreat in MN. God opened up so many doors and so many opportunities for service. www.joniandfriends.org



This year I was so blessed to spend time with a new camper, Evie. I had so much fun with her and I loved getting to know her family. I was blessed to have Rosanne as a partner STM (short term missionary) to "share" Evie with. She has such an amazing testimony of God's faithfulness. 

Marie and Evie
Rosanne and Marie


Parachute fun!
At camp this year, many of the children enjoyed playing with parachutes and coordinating keeping a ball on the parachute.
Then the campers in wheelchairs were able to a "wheelchair dance" under parachutes.
I loved seeing all the creative ways JAF camp had for every camper to enjoy their time to the fullest.


 Evie learns to drive!!
She loved playing with the horn on Rosanne's chair.
Evie loves meeting babies!
Her smile tells it all. Evie loves to be an encouragement to others by making cards.


 This year I learned a new way to communicate with a camper. Evie "talks" with her eyes. She can answer yes/no questions and make choices between 2 options depending on where she looks with her eyes. We made several crafts together with her directing me on which stickers and colors to use by her eyes. She is such an amazing little girl!
This year's theme for the elementary program was the underwater adventure - how our hope in Christ overflows!
Evie loved getting dressed up for the "underwater adventure"



Praise and worship time was one of our favorite times.
Evie loved to play maracas and participate in action songs. 

We learned several Scripture verses this week which spoke about our hope in Christ. 

Evie and her family!
I learn so much by watching how the families care for and love their children with disabilities.
I am so blessed that they would share their lives and families with me for one week.

Jesus Loves Me - Talent Show
Sign language by Evie and Dani, Harp by Marie, Singing by Rosanne





God shows up best in our weaknesses. He is glorified when we give Him the praise. 

"May the God of all HOPE fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may OVERFLOW with HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Hebrews 13:15


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here: