Your countenance is a reflection of your heart. You can shine your light very brightly when you smile. When you smile brightly with a radiant countenance and bright eyes, you show the love and mighty power of Christ in your life. A radiant Bright Light can spread Christ’s love and be a powerful witness just by her countenance!
When I was 10 years old I met two girls who seemed very different than all the other girls I had ever known. They had bright eyes and a radiant countenance. Even though I didn’t know them very well then and I had spent only a short time playing with them, I saw that their smiles were radiant with their love for Jesus. My life was greatly influenced by these girls who were only 13 and 15 at that time. They probably never could have imagined how much their example of true joy and their radiant smiles have impacted me.
Young ladies have an enormous influence over younger girls by their attitude and their demeanor. Your attitude is seen by others in your countenance and your eyes. So shine your light through your countenance. When you smile you shine God’s light through your countenance. We want to show the world that we are different, even in our smiles!
I was reminded of this testimony I wrote about 8 years ago when I saw my dear friends, my Bright Lights leaders, whom I had wrote about above (these girls are now in their 20s). I am so blessed to have known godly young ladies who encouraged me to seek the Lord and live my life for Him. I pray that I may be an encouragement and a light to younger girls, just as these girls were to me when I was 10 years old. These friends of mine are still after all these years, faithfully following the Lord in all the areas He is calling them to be a witness in.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here: