I just finished reading the book of Genesis today (Jan 3rd). I wanted to share with you some of the things I am learning from Genesis. Although I have read Genesis many times (since it is the first book of the Bible :) ,) I still am amazing how the Lord teaches me new truths in this Word. I love to read and study the Word of God.
Genesis 3:15 is the first glimpse of the promise of the coming of Christ. He is the Seed who would crush the serpent. He is the victorious One!
In Genesis 9, the Lord makes an everlasting covenant with Noah, his descendants (all humans), and all the living creatures on earth. It is so wonderful to be reminded of the faithfulness of our God in keeping his promises and covenants with His people (Christians).
Genesis 12, where the Lord first makes known His call to Abram. God is already making known His plan to bring the gentiles to salvation through His Son.
In Genesis 15, the Lord made another covenant with Abraham and his descendants. In Genesis 17, God confirms this covenant as an everlasting covenant. In Galatians 3-4, the Lord defines Abraham's descendants as those with faith in the Lord. We are heir of these wonderful promises the Lord has made.
Genesis 49, when Jacob blesses his sons he makes some wonderful, true statements about Christ (who came from the line of Judah).
I love finding glimpses of God's wonderful plan of bringing salvation to mankind written throughout His entire Word. Before the world was formed God knew even the most intimate details of His plan, our lives and everything. He is the master storycreator! Since God has been faithful to keep His Word in the past, He will continue to be faithful. We can trust Him completely! How great is our God!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here: